MANUAL FIRMWARE UPDATE
You can always find the most recent firmware on this page under "Vaquita Firmware"
1) Make sure that your camera has at least 50% of charge - otherwise, connect it to charging
The SD card should also be cleared from any footage (there should be at least 250 MB of space left)
2) Download the newest firmware file from the link above (when you click the "download" text, the newest firmware file will save on your computer, e.g vaquita_21.30.11358.plf)
Please make sure that the file does not have a (1) or similar before the .plf (e.g. vaquita_21.30.11358(1).plf) - the camera will not recognize it.
3) Use an SD card reader to insert the SD card into your computer - copy and paste the firmware file to it
4) Turn your camera on, and once booted, insert the SD card with firmware file on
5) The camera will now download the file and update the camera (the screen will show "Updating...camera will restart")
Do not move the selector ring or activation switch at this stage
6) The logo will disappear and the camera will restart on its own (the display will be black for approx 1 min).
Make sure not to turn it on yourself
FIRMWARE UPDATE VIA THE APP
Make sure that your camera has at least 50% of charge - otherwise, connect it to charging
The SD card should also be cleared from any footage
In order to update the firmware via the app, follow these steps:
1) Make sure your phone is connected to the Internet, and open the app
2) Go to the "Camera" tab, and click "Connect" > "Connect Vaquita"
3) There will be a notification on the top of the page about firmware being downloaded (it will be gone quickly)
4) Afterwards, connect your camera to the app (instructions here) - the update will start automatically
Make sure not to move the selector ring and/or activation switch until the camera restarts on its own
If you have any questions or troubles with the update process, make sure to let us know at email@example.com
- Reduced power consumption, when the camera is turned off
- Increased still picture resolution to 12MP
- Use video settings for Snap recording
- Shorter activation time for recordings and menus
- Chinese language added to available languages
- DCC fixed (colors flickering)
- Prevent recording when USB is connected The camera is not able to save video data when it is connected with a USB cable.
- Reduce audio input volume - a temporary solution until the audio is fixed
- Auto-record bug fix - the camera was not stopping the recording
- European frame rates added (25/50/100/200)
- Depth calibration moved to the top of the settings menu
- Improved user feedback in case of failed recording attempt
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
- Video quality improvements
- Fix garbled overlay graphics
- Disabled Overlay in 4K60fps and 1080p240fps
Please note that the battery time still stays the same as below.
- Video quality improvements
- 720p resolution available
- h.264 codec used for all video recordings
- Split video files at 2GB
- Media viewer temporarily removed
PLEASE NOTE: Because of video quality improvements, recording time has been reduced for some resolutions. Optional lower video quality, for longer recording time, will be added in a later release.
For now, the recording time is as follows:
- Overlay feature added
- UI when charging (charging symbol shows for the first 10 mins, then disappears again)
- improved firmware update UI
- fixed freezing bug (when short pressing in video mode)
- first release - no changelog