The depth sensor in the camera works by measuring the surrounding pressure.
At the surface the camera will be affected by the atmospheric pressure. This means that on days with a relatively high atmospheric pressure the pressure sensor will register this as a false depth reading. Normally with 1 m/ 3 feet.
The camera has a function to calibrate the depth sensor. It's is important that calibration is done approximately at sea level and not at a high altitude.
To calibrate the depth sensor please follow these steps:
- Turn the selector ring to settings.
- Tap the activation switch until the displays ADVAN. (Advanced).
- Hold the activation switch for 1 sec, and the camera will enter the advanced menu.
- Tap the activation switch until you see the ZERO DPTH screen (Zero depth)
- Hold the activation for 1-2 seconds until you see the screen: Zero depth ?
- Hold the activation switch for 1 sec. to accept. The pressure sensor is now calibrated.