NOTE: The quality and speed of the sd card is absolutely crucial.
To be able to ensure that the camera will not freeze the SD-card must have a minimum rating of U3.
If it is too slow or faulty the camera cannot transfer the data and freezes.
To see a list of recommended SD-card see this article.
If you keep experiencing freezing problems please try the following steps:
- Make sure you're using a correct SD-card. See the article above.
- Format the SD-card and restore to factory settings
Please be aware that formatting your SD-card will cause the footage on it to be deleted, so make sure to back up the footage beforehand
- If the camera still has freezing problems. Try re-installing the firmware
Please follow instructions below to install the firmware successfully:
1. Download the latest firmware for your camera on this page.6. Turn the camera on again and wait for it to turn off automatically
2. Copy the file firmware.bin onto a empty SD-card (Not in a folder)
3. Make sure the battery has at least 30% power left. This is essential. You risk breaking your camera if this is not followed. – Unplug the camera from the charger before checking the power percentage.
4. Turn off the camera. Insert the SD-card into the slot
5. Turn the camera on until you see the logo and wait for it to turn off automatically. (The camera is now downloading the new firmware)
If the camera does not start installing the firmware . Please try this method:
* Turn on the camera without the SD-card.
* Insert the SD to the camera. If it displays "Updating" go to step 6.
* If the SD-card is not registered try clicking it in and out few times (might take around 10 tries).
(The camera is now installing the firmware)
7. The camera is now ready with the newest firmware installed. The firmware.bin file will no longer be visible on the SD-card after the installation.
(Watch a video on how to hard re-install the firmware below)