The 3 O-rings which seals the end cap needs to be properly maintained with silicone grease to ensure the graded waterproofing to 200m/21ATM.
- Only use silicone grease or other lubricants approved for dive gear
- Avoid stretching or scratching the o-rings.
1. Check the o-rings before every dive!
Make sure of the following:
- The o-rings are not in contact with dust, hair or any other foreign objects
- The o-rings does not have any scratches or cuts.
- The o-rings looks moist/shiny
If the above applies, there is no need to remove the o-rings from the grooves. Just gently lubricate the o-ring with a minimum of silicone grease.
If one or more of the above does not apply, use a soft o-ring pick to remove the o-rings.
2. Cleaning the o-rings
- Gently run the o-ring through your fingertips to check for any cuts and tears, and to remove any foreign objects.
If the o-ring has a cut, tear or has been stretched, the o-ring should be replaced.
3. Lubricating the o-rings
When lubricating o-ring, less is more.
- Put a bit of lube on your fingers and run the o-ring through them while gently massaging the lube into the o-ring.
- With a microfiber cloth gently wipe off any excess lubricant.
4. Cleaning the grooves and replacing the o-rings
Before you replace the o-rings.
- Take a microfiber cloth and remove any dust or foreign objects from the grooves
- Without stretching the o-rings too much, put them back into their grooves, one by one.